Obsidian’s “Project Eternity” is Latest Kickstarter Project to Use Unity

September 21, 2012 in Community News and Info by

We’re getting a lot of attention lately and we’re not going to lie, it feels pretty good. Obviously the announcement that Nintendo is embracing Unity for Wii U game development was great news for us this week. Now, we’re happy to say that another veteran studio, Obsidian Entertainment, has come over to Unity for their game, Project Eternity, which is currently making big waves on Kickstarter. The game sounds awesome and Obsidian Entertainment has some incredible talent working for them. We’re psyched to see what they can do with our technology. Check out their reasons for using Unity and stay to read up on the project.

Of course, Project Eternity is only the latest of a string of successful Kickstarter projects using Unity. Wasteland 2, Castle StoryCLANG, Shadowrun OnlineRepublique, Guns of Icarus Online, Kitaru, Legends of Aethereus and more than a few others have seen success.

If you’ve got your own Kickstarter project and want to share the news, please do so in the comments below.

pixnlove
21 Sep 2012, 3:06 pm

Soon I will be able to say:
Yes I am using Unity3D for all my game development too,
it is the same tool that was used to make God Of War 6 on PS5!
It won’t be long before Unity become the standard in game development,
Mark my word.

Natasha
21 Sep 2012, 5:36 pm

I totally agree with pixnlove.

Elvis
28 Sep 2012, 12:23 am

Devil’s Cove (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/313725596/devils-cove-adventure-game) is another promising Unity-powered game that is currently active on Kickstarter.

29 Sep 2012, 8:37 am

I played Wasteland 2, looked awsome :) Now I am lerning Unity hope to make my own project alive. :) GJ guys

Jade Skaggs
12 Oct 2012, 2:54 pm

Thanks for letting us share our project links here! :)

I am using Unity to create the game “Crimson Tides – Pirates and Privateers” Theres some videos showing gameplay on the KickStarter page.

Timbaktoo
13 Dec 2012, 1:51 am

Agree with PIXNLOVE. Unity is already massively popular among Indie Game Developers all over the world.

16 Dec 2012, 4:26 pm

I have been browsing online greater than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty price sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content material as you did, the web might be much more useful than ever before.