Obsidian’s “Project Eternity” is Latest Kickstarter Project to Use Unity

September 21, 2012 in Community

We’re getting a lot of attention lately and we’re not going to lie, it feels pretty good. Obviously the announcement that Nintendo is embracing Unity for Wii U game development was great news for us this week. Now, we’re happy to say that another veteran studio, Obsidian Entertainment, has come over to Unity for their game, Project Eternity, which is currently making big waves on Kickstarter. The game sounds awesome and Obsidian Entertainment has some incredible talent working for them. We’re psyched to see what they can do with our technology. Check out their reasons for using Unity and stay to read up on the project.

Of course, Project Eternity is only the latest of a string of successful Kickstarter projects using Unity. Wasteland 2, Castle StoryCLANG, Shadowrun OnlineRepublique, Guns of Icarus Online, Kitaru, Legends of Aethereus and more than a few others have seen success.

If you’ve got your own Kickstarter project and want to share the news, please do so in the comments below.

1. wholesale e cigarette

December 16, 2012 at 4:26 pm /

I have been browsing online greater than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty price sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content material as you did, the web might be much more useful than ever before.

2. Timbaktoo

December 13, 2012 at 1:51 am /

Agree with PIXNLOVE. Unity is already massively popular among Indie Game Developers all over the world.

3. Jade Skaggs

October 12, 2012 at 2:54 pm /

Thanks for letting us share our project links here! :)

I am using Unity to create the game “Crimson Tides – Pirates and Privateers” Theres some videos showing gameplay on the KickStarter page.

4. Jason

September 29, 2012 at 8:37 am /

I played Wasteland 2, looked awsome :) Now I am lerning Unity hope to make my own project alive. :) GJ guys

5. Elvis

September 28, 2012 at 12:23 am /

Devil’s Cove (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/313725596/devils-cove-adventure-game) is another promising Unity-powered game that is currently active on Kickstarter.

6. Natasha

September 21, 2012 at 5:36 pm /

I totally agree with pixnlove.

7. pixnlove

September 21, 2012 at 3:06 pm /

Soon I will be able to say:
    Yes I am using Unity3D for all my game development too,
    it is the same tool that was used to make God Of War 6 on PS5!
    It won’t be long before Unity become the standard in game development,
    Mark my word.