Unity 3.5.7 is out!
Good news for Unity 3.5 users – we just released version 3.5.7 with lots of fixes for Android, iOS and a few others. Download it here -
Here’s the lowdown from our release notes -
- Android: Detect manifest permissions for Application.genuine / .genuineCheckAvailable.
- Android: Added JB MR1 to the list of API levels.
- Android: Added support ldpi/xhdpi icon images.
- Android: Added Android as a valid build target for custom PostprocessBuildPlayer script.
- Android: Forcing 16bit display buffer on pre-Gingerbread devices.
- Android: Stereo sound enforced to avoid garbled audio when mono is selected as speaker mode.
- iOS: Added iPad Mini and iPad 4th gen detection.
- Mobiles: Skinning is now multithreaded if the device has more then one core.
- Android: Fixed Resources.Load() of prefabs consuming too much memory.
- Android: Prevent NullPointerExceptions when using LVL on a device that is not signed in to Google Play.
- Android: Fixed a lot of key store related problems.
- Android: Fixed an optimization error which could cause javac to crash/fail when loading UnityPlayer class.
- Android: Kindle Fire incorrectly reported having a camera.
- Android: Fixed an issue where dictionary pop-ups would close the TouchScreenKeyboard.
- Android: Application pause now cancels the TouchScreenKeyboard.
- Android: Fixed auto-rotation problem in landscape/reversed landscape on Kindle Fire HD.
- Android: Fixed a problem where multiple screen touches would lead to incorrect touch phases (especially during low framerate situations).
- Android: The detection zone for screen touches resulting in increased tap count has been made resolution independent.
- Android: SystemInfo.deviceUniqueIdentifier didn’t automatically add the right permissions in the manifest.
- Android: Fixed a problem with non-ASCII characters and keyboard input.
- Android: Fixed a performance problem affecting the ARMv6 lib.
- Android: Fixed rare crashes with dynamic batching in non-development player on PowerVR GPUs.
- Android: Fixed performance regression with selecting egl config with msaa enabled albeit no msaa was selected in quality settings.
- Android: Worked around bug in NVIDIA drivers resulting in texture samplers sometimes not being reported.
- Android: Worked around compositor issue with DisplayBuffer alpha on pre-GB and kindle devices.
- Android: Fixed performance regression when rendering dynamic geometry, like dynamic batching, GUI, particles, etc, on PowerVR / SGX hardware.
- Android/iOS: Incorrect mouse hover events stemming from screen touches has been fixed.
- iOS: fixed www status code handling.
- iOS: fixed gyro accuracy problems when running on iOS 6.0 devices.
- iOS: Better performance when setting RenderTexture that has different size from the current one.
- iOS: removed unnecessary iPhone 5 splashscreen from iPad-only builds.
- Mac OS X Editor: Fixed installing on Mac OS X 10.5.
- Mac OS X Editor: Fixed crash on selecting RenderTexture on Mac OS X 10.7.5 with Radeon graphics card.
- Editor: Fixed windows standalone icons alpha issues.
- Native Client: Fixed Build & Run on Chrome 23.
- Fix export bitmap only working when the substance is tweaked right beforehand
- Web Player: Fixed fullscreen mode initialization in IE10 on Windows 8. Web Player now tries to detect whether it is running in a sandbox.
- Android: Improved build times for projects with lots of resources.
- Webplayer: Reduced memory activity on LZMA decompression by reusing the decompression buffer