Unity Launches a Series of ‘Women in Gaming’ Workshops
We have some exciting news to share! While talking internally about programs that would empower women and encourage participation in the greater gaming community, we realized we needed to think big, because it is super important that we do our part. With that in mind, we decided to create a series of global workshops to tackle some of the difficult topics around development of women’s careers in gaming, while offering women the opportunity to network and learn from each other about topics such as career building, leadership, strategic thinking and organizational dynamics.
We have selected a range of talented industry leaders with exceptional experience in their fields, who will share their experiences, insights, and best practices on how to improve strategic thinking, influencing, and career navigation in gaming.
The five events taking place in 2016 will be held on the dates and in the cities listed below. To learn more and to register for each event, click on the featured speaker listed below:
- June 1, 2016: Amsterdam (as part of Unite Europe)
- Confirmed speaker: Fiona Sperry, Founder, Three Fields Entertainment
- June 20, 2016: San Francisco, CA
- Confirmed speaker: Professor Dana Carney, UC Berkeley
- July 28, 2016: Shanghai (check Unity Chinese website for details)
- Confirmed speakers: Amy Huang, AVP at NetEase Capital; Evelyn Liu, CTO at Firevale; and Yanyan Xiong (Shining Hsiong), Founder of Shenzhenware
- September 22, 2016: San Francisco, CA
- Confirmed speaker: Nanea Reeves, President & COO, textPlus
- Early November, 2016: Los Angeles, CA (as part of Unite LA)
- Confirmed speaker: Professor Tracy Fullerton, USC
All events are free and open to public. We hope to see you there!
38 CommentsSubscribe to comments
Comments are closed.