First look at Unite LA 2018: World exclusive keynote content, new summits, tracks, sessions and more!
Unite Los Angeles is the perfect opportunity to connect and collaborate with developers all focusing on technology, creativity, games, and more. Unite is getting a fresh, focused, and more intimate feel, with new summits and tracks to explore.
We’re excited to announce a sneak peek at our flagship Unite developer conference in Los Angeles, California at The JW Marriott in LA Live, October 23-25, 2018. This year we will unveil breakthroughs in Unity’s technology, including a full day dedicated to the Entity Component System (ECS), along with summits and tracks dedicated to the power and breadth of real-time in gaming, film, automotive, and more. You can check out the sessions and sign up to attend here. Early bird tickets end on Friday, August 24th at 11:59pm PT.
Unite LA is a forum for creators and innovators to share, learn, and gain insights and practical, first-hand knowledge of how to use Unity effectively. The keynote will feature world exclusive announcements that will leave you on the edge of your seat, including an in-depth demo showcasing the latest advancements in Unity’s ECS. Attendees can also look forward to tech demos, industry veterans revealing innovations for cinematic animation, a reveal of GTFO, and a sneak peek at Unity’s sample game (a complete multiplayer FPS game project). There will be 80 sessions as well as workshops from partners like Magic Leap, Oculus and more. PlayStation and Oculus will also be conducting office hours to help Unity creators make the most of their projects.
Attendees can also expect:
- Full Day ECS Track- With special appearances from Joachim Ante and Mike Acton, we are planning 9 sessions throughout the course of a full day, dedicated to ECS), which is revolutionizing coding as you know it, with the switch from object to data-oriented design. Sessions include, for example, “We Love Performance! How Tic Toc Games Uses ECS in Mobile Puzzle Games”.
- Mobile Business Summit – Our first-ever Mobile Business Summit, will feature Unity’s product team and industry leaders on best practices for monetization and increasing retention in games. The day-long summit will include in-depth sessions around the latest Unity technologies for building adaptive and personalized game experiences.
- Film and Animation Summit – We are announcing a Film and Animation Summit, showing attendees the power of real-time film production in Unity, including a session like, “Unity for Film: Product Roadmap and Q&A” and “Stereo(scopic) 3D-180 for VR Filmmakers.” The summit will include special appearances from Made with Unity creators including the team from Monarch Media, behind the Unity-driven virtual production of “Ready Player One” and “Blade Runner 2029,” Sonder, the short film rendered in real-time using Unity, and Giant Bear, featuring a lone hunter’s epic battle for survival. There will also be demos, talks, workshops, an exclusive mixer for creators in the film industry, and screenings of real-time short films.
- AutoTech Summit – Our second Unity AutoTech Summit is a two-day gathering of sessions, including “BMW TV-2 VR LAB: Cross-Discipline XR Experiences for Automotive,” and “From Design to Dealer – VR/AR Software Solutions for Getting to ‘Yes’,” tech demos, and networking dedicated to demonstrating how Unity’s real-time solution is accelerating innovation and transforming workflows in the automotive industry.
- AEC Track – We will host our first half-day AEC Track, where creators can learn about all things AEC, including building on Unity, visualizations, lighting, how to integrate with other tools like Autodesk, V-Ray, and more. Best-in-class Made with Unity creators in AEC will showcase cutting-edge examples of experiences range from VR for training to streamlining operations. An Industrial Happy Hour for sharing best practices in AEC will follow.
Lastly, we’re announcing our new non-networking networking event! Let’s be honest, you can’t hear yourself think over thumping bass, so we’re throwing our party out the window and embracing the casual, fun Unity vibe that we all know and love. Taking place at The JW Marriott in LA Live, come raise a glass to your latest creations, share ideas and get inspired by our fellow creators. Your next idea could come from Unite LA!
Check out a recap of Unite Berlin, which took place earlier this year, to get a feel for what to expect at Unite LA!
9 CommentsSubscribe to comments
Comments are closed.