An Update on Unity Analytics Open Beta
Unity Analytics Open Beta Announces Multiplatform Support, Enhanced Functionality, More Developers Wanted!
Two months ago, we introduced Unity Analytics to the community and received great feedback from thousands of users. Based on this feedback, we’re thrilled to announce that Unity Analytics has expanded platform support and an improved feature set! We now support the following platforms:
- Mobile – iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8.1
- Desktop – Windows, Windows Store 8.1, Mac, Linux
Supporting Unity’s mission of democratizing game development, we firmly believe in empowering developers with an analytics tool that is accessible, intuitive, and actionable. We have a dead simple SDK integration that takes less than 10 minutes to implement with a few lines of code. Our clean and simple dashboard gives you the high level metrics you want to see at a glance. We’ve built features (with your input!) that help you analyze game design and identify areas for improvement.
It’s important for us to address the needs of new and experienced Unity developers for an analytics solution. Our goal is to expand our pool of testers and gain feedback across a more diverse group of Unity developers. By using Unity Analytics, beta testers will help us build features that they want!
Since our last update, we’ve added several improvements based on community feedback:
- Deeper Custom Events analytics – Visualize your custom events and parameters in richer detail.
The Data Explorer now supports event parameters based on numbers, strings or Boolean values. Numbers are summed and averaged. Strings and Booleans are categorized, letting you see a breakdown of user behavior. These breakdowns can be seen in bar chart/pie chart form, or plotted over time.
- Funnel Analyzer – updated with funnel drill down details, visually clean and easy to read layout.
- Flexible custom event limits. We’ve added flexibility to how we calculate your event maximum. Instead of a flat cap, we rate your overall usage, giving you the freedom to send us the data you need to track.
- Receipt Verification Guide – updated with examples from Prime31 and Unibill based on beta feedback.
- Enhancements to the Unity Analytics dashboard – Share dashboard pages via a URL, save reports in Data Explorer, editable fields in Funnel Analyzers and Segment Builder, and more!
Plus, early in the Unity 5.x cycle we’ll be integrating Unity Analytics with the Unity engine.This will make analytics available instantly to all Unity developers eliminating the needs for SDKs.
READY TO TRY IT OUT?
Sign up now. The beta is free to all Unity developers! As always, we’re grateful to the Unity Community, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you think and learning what you need.
After signing up, if you have thoughts and experiences you want to share or features you want added, please stay in touch. The best place to request new features is the discussion area in the Unity Analytics forum. If you run into any difficulties, you can also send a note at https://analytics.unity3d.com/support.
6 ComentariosSubscribirse a los comentarios
Ya no se aceptan más comentarios.