Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop: The 2016 Mobile Games Market Report
The 2016 year-in-review data report on global mobile and VR gaming trend is now available! Created in partnership with SuperData Research, the report reveals strong growth momentum across the combined mobile, mobile VR and VR markets.
Developers should be excited: engagement for games only continues to grow (Americans play mobile games more often than they watch Netflix, Hulu, or YouTube!). And with a content-hungry audience comes ripe opportunity.
Key Highlights from this report include:
- The mobile games market earned $40.6B in 2016 — the equivalent of global box office sales for the year.
- At 30 minutes a day, mobile engagement was 19% higher in Q4 2016 than the year before. Revenue for mobile games increased 14% year over year, largely due to Android, which saw a 32% uptick in revenue.
- Games on iOS retained almost twice as many American players on day 1 as those on Android. In the U.S., developers made 45% more on an iOS player, but in China Android players were worth eight times more.
- Virtual Reality made $1.8B in its first commercial year, with 6.3 million devices sold.
As consumers continue to spend more time playing on mobile devices, we may expect mobile gaming will continue to make strides towards the mainstream, giving marketers and developers an even greater opportunity to monetize this trend. To see all the insights and trends, download the full report:
And for more information, please visit Unity Analytics.
- Follow us on Twitter (@Unity_Analytics)
To learn more about SuperData Research, please visit: https://www.superdataresearch.com/
Report version history
10 ComentariosSubscribirse a los comentarios
Ya no se aceptan más comentarios.