Introducing the Unity for Humanity Summit, a free, one-day, online event spotlighting how creators around the globe are building experiences that have a positive or meaningful impact on society and the planet.
Real-time 3D is revolutionizing how people work, how they learn, and the scale of what they can create. Unity for Humanity, a Unity social impact program, began in 2018 to celebrate creators around the world who are building experiences that have a positive or meaningful impact on society and the planet. We’re thrilled to expand on this vision with the inaugural Unity for Humanity Summit 2020, which brings together creators, activists, nonprofits, and philanthropists who are harnessing Unity technology to power social impact and real-world change.
The theme of the inaugural Unity for Humanity Summit is “Creators are Changemakers.” This theme will thread through all of the event’s programming, from our keynote presentation by best-selling author and one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential People, Malcolm Gladwell, to diverse discussions and presentations aimed at helping social impact-driven creators around the world to learn, connect, and celebrate their work. The Summit is a call to action, designed to inspire and empower more people to create for positive change.
Join us online October 21, 2020 to hear from innovators, experts, and changemakers in interactive panels, lightning talks, and one-on-one sessions. Meet with Unity specialists, industry leaders, and funders during Q&A sessions and ask-the-expert appointments.
Connect with activists, nonprofit organizations, and philanthropists to explore opportunities, and be inspired by visionary speakers and Unity creators who are channeling their passions to help build a better tomorrow using Unity.
Summit speakers and themes
The event’s keynote presentation will be given by renowned speaker and author Malcolm Gladwell, whose innovative social commentary has had a profound impact on the many fields it touches. The five-time New York Times best-selling author of The Tipping Point, Outliers, Talking to Strangers, and others, will explore the power of creativity and innovation.
We’re highlighting four streams of social impact content: Education and Inclusive Opportunity, Environment and Sustainability, Healthcare and Well-Being, and Tools for Changemakers. We’ll unveil the full programming and schedule in the coming weeks, but these are a few of the speakers lined up for the event:
- Alan Gershenfeld, Cofounder and President, E-Line Media
- Alex McDowell, Creative Director, Experimental Design
- Amelia Winger-Bearskin, Mozilla Fellow, Artist and Technologist, MIT Co-Creation Studio
- Amir Bozorgzadeh, CEO, Virtuleap
- Ashlan Cousteau, President, Voyacy Ventures
- Carine Vavasseur, Ecosystem Builder, Senegal Delegation for Rapid Entrepreneurship (DER)
- Fereshteh Forough, CEO and Founder, Code to Inspire
- Jessica Lindl, Vice President Social Impact, Unity Technologies
- Leila Toplic, Lead for Emerging Technologies Initiative, NetHope
- Michael Strautmanis, Chief Engagement Officer at The Obama Foundation
- Philippe Cousteau, Founder, EarthEcho International
- Rene Pinnell, Founder, Kaleidoscope
- Sarah EagleHeart, CEO, Return to the Heart Foundation
- Ty Stiklorius, Founder and CEO, Friends At Work; Cofounder and Partner, Get Lifted Film Co.
Here’s a taste of some of the topics that presentations and panels will address:
- How global NGOs are using Unity to address humanitarian challenges through VR/AR/XR
- Creating inclusive global economic opportunity with Unity in Africa, India and the Middle East
- How Students are creating social change in healthcare, agriculture, and sustainability using Unity
- Leveraging AR to design interactive installations in hospitals
- How world-building and storytelling help to shape a safer, more sustainable future
- How EdTech developers are using Unity to democratize access to high-quality learning experiences
Register here to join us at the Unity for Humanity Summit and discover how people around the world are using Unity to create for change. Get inspired by social impact creators’ work, connect with like-minded people across industries, and be a part of the new world that we are shaping, together.