Two years ago…
…I had recently arrived in Copenhagen (read more here) to begin this journey called “Unity”. One year ago I was thrilled by the fact that we’d grown so much in just a single year, and now looking back at the last twelve months I’m again stunned, shocked and thoroughly excited at what we’ve been able to do. In the two years I’ve been working at OTEE/Unity Technologies we’ve grown from a team of six, huddled in one small office sitting nearly on top of each other, to over thirty people between two companies in four different office locations and in three countries. And the scariest/best part is that I firmly believe that our ship has barely set sail, we have so much more to do and so much further to go!
I’m not going to go on quite as long as I did last year, instead I’d just like to call out some of the highlight moments from the last year:
- We officially launched our support for the Nintendo console, including both retail and WiiWare titles.
- We released Unity 2.1, an awesome update to our game development platform.
- We released our support for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch.
- We’ve managed to attract an incredible amount of indie and small shop developers along with high-profile clients like Disney, Sony Motion Pictures, Cartoon Networks and others.
- We’ve had staff scattered all around the globe working on or helping develop exciting projects.
- We hosted Unite 2008 in Copenhagen, our second-ever developer conference with more than double the number of attendees compared to the previous year.
- And lots more…
What’s my point (other than a bit of bragging)? My point is that Unity Technologies, Unity Studios and the Unity game development platform are on the rise and it feels good. Note that nobody is using that as an excuse to rest on our laurels, far from it, we’re working harder than ever but we love it and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Once again I’ll call out a few people that were instrumental in pulling me into this wonderful mess. I’ll start with David Helgason, Nicholas Francis and Joachim Ante, our tireless leaders and the incredible founders and creators of Unity, thanks for believing in me from afar, for hiring me and giving me an opportunity like no other. I’ll again call out Marty Plumbo, a long-time member of the Director community, early adopter and member of the Unity community and a great friend who helped connect me with OTEE back in the day (without him I just don’t know that I’d be here today).
Like all truly successful relationships you have to learn to fall in love over and over again, and despite many stressful days and sleepless nights, I continue to fall in love with Unity over and over again. The people at Unity Technologies and Unity Studios are flat out incredible and the community we get to serve is awesome. All around me, every day I’m surrounded by creativity, intelligence and ingenuity that blows me away. Thanks for having me y’all, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
9 코멘트코멘트 구독
코멘트를 달 수 없습니다.