[UPDATE] In Development – Unity Splash screen tools – in beta!
Delivering on the promise we made when we announced our new products and pricing in June, we’re excited to announce that the new Unity splash screen is available in today’s beta release (5.5.0b3).
We have made several changes thanks to the many people who gave feedback during the last preview. The new system allows you to easily add multiple logos such as own company, publisher and game logos as a splash screen shown when your project is launched. Take a look at the video below to see this feature in action:
We’re really excited and can’t wait to see what your splash screens look like. So what does this mean for you when using Unity 5.5?
Plus and Pro subscribers
You will have the choice to:
- Use the new tools, include the Made with Unity co-branding
- Use the new tools, and remove the Made with Unity co-branding
- Remove the splash screen and roll your own solution.
Personal Edition Users
You’ll have the same splash screen tools as everyone else, but we’ll include the Made With Unity co-branding, positioned either below, or sequentially with your branding design.
For all Unity users, the new splash screen tools now feature a range of easy to configure options: You can choose whether to display a dark or light Made with Unity branding and your company logo on sequential screens or combined on a single screen, and whether to use an image or a solid colour as a background. You also have the option to show several logos on sequential screens, for instance a publisher logo followed by a developer logo. And lastly, you can choose between a static logo or a dolly animation, or opt to define the custom parameters of the logo animation using the Logo Duration, Logo Zoom, and Background Zoom properties.
Beta 3 Splash Screen Known Issues & Upcoming changes
We wanted to get the splash screen out early so we can get feedback which means
there is still some work to do during the beta period and a few unresolved issues.
- We still need to add an API so the splash screen can be configured from script.
- WebGL: We have some upcoming changes that will show a simplified version of the splash screen immediately and then blend to the new one.
- STV: There is an issue when drawing the splash screen on Samsung TV, we are working on this and will have a fix before the end of the beta period.
- VR: The VR splash screen is a placeholder, we have plans to add support for a 3D version during the beta period.
Give us your feedback in the comments below! What do you want from this feature next?
76 ComentáriosInscrever-se nos comentários