Search Unity

We’re revamping the Asset Store to make it easier for developers to find what they’re looking for. It runs better than ever on mobile, and search results are improved too. Read on for highlights.

Our community has never been stronger. They embrace Unity’s passion for democratizing game development and readily share ideas, solutions and creations.

The Asset Store is the hub where much of that activity materializes. The numbers speak for themselves: 1.6M monthly active users, 56K assets created by tens of thousands of developers, and more than 1M downloads a month. The Asset Store enables hobbyists and professional developers alike to focus on what really matters – building great experiences.

To make it easier for developers to find exactly what they need and based on the community feedback, we are redesigning the Asset Store in 2019. The first phase is focused on improving discoverability and optimizing the store for mobile, and it’s live today.

Improved discoverability

Here are some of the features we’ve added to help you find what you’re looking for:

• Instant search – pre-visualize search results as you type or filter
  • Suggestions – start typing and we’ll show you keyword suggestions
  • Improved search algorithm – more data for better results; the system now tolerates typos and recognizes plurals and synonyms
  • More filters – filters are also now available on the homepage and category pages, so you can find free assets with one click or search for specific publishers
  • Keyword recommendations and access to recent searches
  • Category improvements – more options to narrow down your results
  • Featured content – curated to put the best assets and tools at your fingertips

Better mobile experience

The new design is responsive, so the look of the site changes according to the screen size of the device you are using. We think this will make it easier for you to navigate and browse on mobile.

More content is displayed at once, yet the site has a cleaner look and feel.

We listened to the community and removed the horizontal scrolling. The design doesn’t take up the full width of the screen, so it works better on different sizes of monitors.

More Asset Store plans ahead

We’ll continue to upgrade the site over the coming months and launch the rest of the features for the all-new Asset Store in full later this year.

Users and publishers alike can expect better experiences. We’re refreshing the publisher and product pages, and we’re making sure product pages give users the relevant information to make a decision.

We’ll continue to enhance discoverability, by including machine learning for search results and adding contextual category filters.

Other improvements and fine tuning will depend on your feedback. You can leave a note within the Asset Store by clicking on the blue comment icon at the bottom right of the page.

We will also read your comments on this blog post and in the Asset store forum. So check out the new Asset Store in its first iteration and tell us what you think.

About older versions of the Asset Store

We’ll be closing the doors of the original Asset Store later in the year as we focus our resources on the new design. To make the transition smoother, we’ll maintain it for a few months until the new store is up and running in full. We’re confident that we’re bringing you a better experience. We know there are pieces of the original store that you love, and we hope you can see how your feedback has impacted our latest designs and more.

The most recent version of the Asset Store (released Fall 2017) has been upgraded to the new design.

We encourage you to give our latest work a try and share your thoughts with us. You are invaluable to making the Asset Store a better experience for everyone, and we’re looking forward to evolving the store with our community by our side.

Deixar uma resposta

Você poderá usar estes atributos e marcas HTML: <a href=""> <b> <code> <pre>

1. The My Asset page inside of the Editor takes way too much time to refresh (about 20 minutes!), everytime I open My asset page (or when the Editor decide by itself to refresh this page again!) and it’s not because of the hard drive. There is something very wrong with some invisible checks. It drives me crazy and makes using assets bought on the store useless and simply not worth it.
    And NO i don’t need advertisement and marketing inside the Editor, I browse the website enough as it is, thank you.

2. Hate the new store. No notification that an asset has been updated, even the view my assets by published date isn’t in order. To work out how much an asset will cost me I have to actually buy it then quit out just before payment, as taxes, discounts for upgrades, etc don’t actually get applied until near the last screen in the purchase process. The assets on sale view on the new store doesn’t display all those displayed on the old store. When viewing a list of assets the price shown often shows the price has been discounted (with the real price crossed out just like sale items), mostly the asset isnt on sale, its just a price for pro/plus users but this isnt apparent until you click on the item.

3. I think the new store is a bad store. Too much marketing. It is annoying. I do not have to look through all this nonsense, I know what I want, but you slip marketing to me. This is not respect for me as a buyer. Return the link to the old store, please!

4. The page freeze whenever I go signed in, and my fan starts getting crazy and I have to quickly close the tab.
    MacOS 10.13.6 with Firefox 66.0.5 or Chrome 74.0.3729.131

1. Same here — completely unusable on Chrome. I’ve had similar problems on Windows 10 Chrome, not just OS X but I don’t have Windows handy to test again at the moment. Originally thought it was a rogue plugin, but had the same issue with my corporate-issued machine which has plugins completely disabled.

5. Slower and slower by the day … Good job Unity ! You failed once more ! Oh and please don’t listen to our feedback nor respond to any e-mails; keep it up !

6. THIS IS A DISASTER!
    Have you and the team TRIED to use the new asset store page in the Unity Editor?
    Have you seen how it HANGS and stalls and is IMPOSSIBLE to use to find the assets that I have purchased?
    And, YOU ARE NOT ADMITTING that there is a problem at all.
    This is a total nightmare and it is damaging the value of our project productivity severely.
    ARE YOU LISTENING?

CAN you even admit that this is a severe and ongoing problem? Let’s hear it. (no stock copy/paste evasive crap please)

1. Janis Daniel Pascal Ewald

maio 9, 2019 às 2:08 pm Responder

Hi Marcus,
      We know that the in-editor experience is not ideal. The issue that you are describing seems not to be a common one though. Nevertheless, our development teams is looking into it and would appreciate if they could get some more details from you. Would you be able to provide a video? Or would you be available for a video-call?
      Thanks in advance!

1. “Not Ideal” is a significant understatement. With a lot of assets, responses to mouse and keyboard input are delayed by up to 65 seconds. I have over 850 assets, and for some reason the asset store wants to show me 526 of them at once (across 57 months of tabs), which would be fine if it could actually handle doing so. As I collapse those tabs the responsiveness slowly speeds up from the 45s+ delay to about 0.5s delay. This has been a constant problem for all iterations of the asset store, including in modern browsers, and has overall gotten worse at a rate faster than I purchase assets, meaning support for large libraries is falling, not rising. The more assets I get, the less I am able to retrieve them. You are allowing your customers to bottleneck themselves. This should be a higher priority fix, not something dismissed as unusual or ‘not ideal’

7. What I want is the ability to just download an asset from the store to my downloads folder. No need to hide these away in some obscure place. Let me decide where my files go.

1. Janis Daniel Pascal Ewald

maio 6, 2019 às 4:25 pm Responder

Can you elaborate what you mean by hiding? You should be able to see the assets that you have added on this page: https://assetstore.unity.com/account/assets

1. He means the downloaded package file is “hidden” on the local machine. It is not really that hard to find but I would also like to request the option to download direct from the website or at the very least be able to tell Unity where to download these packages. My main drive is not that big (SSD with few Gig space) and I would rather point Unity to my backup drive (HDD with Tb space) for these packages.

8. Here we go again!!
    Just put the old store up for people that spend money on here like me and the others!!
    We hate the new in your face bully boy buy tactics listen to all the feed back!!!
    I know this is going to fall on deff ears because were here once again!!!

1. Janis Daniel Pascal Ewald

maio 6, 2019 às 4:22 pm Responder

Thanks for you feedback. The changes that we have made are based on feedback that we have received from our users. As we mention in this forum post (https://forum.unity.com/threads/asset-store-site-upgrade.669670/), the recent release did not change the entire site, but only parts of it and we will continue to work on improvements for the rest of the pages. If you have concrete feedback, feel free to use the feedback button on the site to submit it or simply reply to this comment. If you prefer to use the old store, you can still access it via a link in the footer of the site or here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay

9. The “wonderful” “new” store is a nightmare. Just TRY logging on… it hangs. Empty page, spinning wheel… even the browser [Chrome, Windows 10, all current] can’t interrupt it! Kill the browser window and try to access the store… NOTHING.

You guys have made a desperate mess here. FIX IT PLEASE!

10. What is the link to the old asset store. I have a voucher credit and i can’t use it with the new version, when i want to purchase an asset only paypal or credit card can be used. How can i do to use my voucher credits?

1. Janis Daniel Pascal Ewald

maio 6, 2019 às 4:13 pm Responder

Voucher can be redeemed on this page: https://assetstore.unity.com/account/voucher – the old store is still available here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay

11. The new store feel more modern but I feel more confident in the old one as it seems more intuitive. The My asset parts must be fixed. I am always try to search for new assets and you need to try them, but get all the assets that I have downloaded along the assets that I really use its not usefull at all. Also I will like to see all the assets that I bought on a list where not free assets are there

12. It’s completely broken for me on mobile. Doesn’t load description or reviews. No bar at the top to see who is logged in etc.

13. Having used unity for many many years the asset store has always been a bit dodgy you quickly learn to save before opening the asset store window.
    The “New Asset store” was a mess from the start forcing working people to navigate through advertising spam just to access the assets they’ve purchased.
    The one saving grace was the “Shop on old store button”
    Sadly Today that button has been removed

I would not be surprised if the developers of the asset store page were being paid by competitors to ruin Unity, I can not think of any other reason to make it so bad.

I created links to the old store from my website gamescovery.com that luckily still show the old store for now.

Now I will have to change the way I manage my assets and import them into my projects because I can not use that window – perhaps it works okay with Chrome but is has many problems with Firefox

The frightening thing is how Unity are so disconnected from the community on this.

It hangs for ages then throws out 20 thankyou for your feedback windows WTF.

Also before the sycophants pile in
    It is not me I’m a professional web developer there is nothing wrong with my machine or the software running on it..
    It is a sad day indeed.

1. Janis Daniel Pascal Ewald

maio 6, 2019 às 4:14 pm Responder

The old store is still available and the link can be found in the footer, at the bottom of the site. Or you can use this: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay

14. in the in categories 3D you need to do more under the
    in the character, -realism, -cartoon and so desirable everywhere ..

15. I really like the new look of the asset store. I think that would be awesome if the asset store can be implemented directly into Unity Hub. To download an asset and install it, I currently have to open up a Unity project and open up the Asset Store window. The Unity Editor version of the Asset Store feels very dated in comparison to the online version. The Unity Editor also hampers the experience due to poor performance and outdated controls. Loading the Asset Store takes more time in Unity than it does on the web version.

Because of this, I think it would be best to just create a completely of accessing the Asset Store directly through Unity Hub. Because of Hub’s web based nature, it shoudn’t take too much effort to port the web experience over to the desktop app. And Unity Hub is more lightweight than the Unity Editor, meaning loading times will be faster and it’ll take less time before I can access the store. I think the Unity Editor asset store window should be deprecated in the future, just like UnityScript and the old animation tools.

1. *Because of this, I think it would be best to allow accessing the Asset Store directly through Unity Hub.

Sorry for the mistake ;)

16. Still, no support for resume downloading, I can’t download big assets simply because the store does not support interrupted downloads! many of us live in countries with a bad internet connection so you can imagine our situation…

17. Searching for SRP supported assets would be nice too.

1. Great idea. I’d like to see filter for SPR and DOTS ready assets.

18. Better, but still not working very well, certainly not what I would call a smooth experience currently

19. Please fix the asset store from within the Unity editor. I have over 380 assets and it takes over a minute for the page to even be responsive. It’s like it tries to load *everything* including release notes, etc. for every asset and it is completely unusable; any way to only have a release note summary and *only* load them when the ‘more’ link is clicked like before?

I often update the downloads to my assets and the “Update All” seems to never light up, although (after a minute or two) I can scroll through and see items that require updates. Clicking the “Update All” just shows a blue box over the items requiring an update with what seems to be a spinning pacifier; occasionally I will see a single “Downloading” progress bar appear. Are downloads no longer in parallel?

The old asset store (in situ) may not have been as pretty, but it was functional. Please at least keep the old asset store for use inside Unity or at least come up with a different alternative. While the asset store may be more performant from a browser, I can’t download my asset updates from there or import them quickly into Unity –and having to wait for (seriously more than a minute) for the “My Assets” page to even become responsive and navigable inside the application to scroll and select an asset to import is a serious impediment to productivity. What’s even more egregious is that moving from “My Assets” back to the home page, then back to “My Assets” starts the process all over again as if nothing has been cached. This is a real showstopper for me and except for attempting to update assets if I find a lull in time, I will most likely *not* be opening the Assets tab in Unity for any other reason until it is fixed and I did so enjoy browsing for new assets.

1. Janis Daniel Pascal Ewald

maio 1, 2019 às 10:27 am Responder

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on improving the My Assets page. If you prefer to use the old store, you can still access is. There is a “Revert to old store” link in the footer, at the bottom of the page.

1. CANNOT “revert to old store” because THE NEW STORE WILL NOT RESPOND AT ALL.

How about a real LINK to the old store?

20. Also – the above “Subscribe to comments” button on this very page is broken – it barfs HTML when you click it.
    What a disaster.
    You are completely missing out on any user new feedback at this moment.

1. Its a RSS feed lol…

1. It opens News on osx and goes nowhere. RSS? What is this, 2007?

21. Tags are completely broken.
    Only shows 6 of your tags to select from.
    Good luck organizing anything.
    What a complete failure.
    Whoever designed this evidently never made a game – organizing assets is essential. Hen peck searches as provided are completely irrelevant (no matter how fast). The new asset store makes finding assets difficult – but more scary, it makes reviewing/purchasing assets difficult. This is a disaster financially for asset developers and Unity itself.
    Who is in charge of this?

1. Janis Daniel Pascal Ewald

maio 1, 2019 às 4:28 pm Responder

The link that you posted should work as well. Seems to be a bug – thanks for reporting!

22. Thanks, I hate it.

23. Please fix the link inside “The [Asset Store] is the hub where much” because it’s pointing to https://assetstore.unity.com/beta and it’s getting 404.

24. Ah, so this is probably why some of the stored links stopped working properly today.

For example I have https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/1?orderBy=updated stored so I can browse what assets Unity itself has updated lately, but now it just shows random assets. Hope they get the regressions fixed asap :)

1. Ah, this works, but you don’t intuitively get to this conclusion by navigating the store. If you open any asset and select it’s publisher (right above the asset name), it will give a number link and this is still broken when you store the bookmark with some additional parameter. It is a bug despite there being a workaround.