Unity at GDC 2016
GDC is nearly upon us! Unity will once again have a big presence at the annual game development extravaganza, and we can’t wait to share our latest updates and connect with the Unity community. To help you prepare for a sure-to-be jam-packed week, we’ve listed all the Unity events and sessions at GDC below.
Unity Special Address
On Tuesday, March 15 at 9am PST, we will be holding an invite-only event in San Francisco to kick off GDC. During the special address, which will also be livestreamed, we’ll be sharing new updates, showing some state of the art demos, and inviting onstage a few special guests from the development community. We were thrilled to announce new VR and AR features and partnerships at the inaugural Vision Summit in mid-February, and have exciting news in store for the broader gaming industry at this special event. Stay tuned to our site and social media channels for more details on the livestream in the coming weeks!
Unity Dev Day
Developers are the heart of Unity and we always want to show you support. If you want learn more about how to get the most out of Unity, don’t miss our Unity Dev Day, held Tuesday, March 15 from 10:00am to 5:00pm in Moscone West, Room 2014. The agenda will feature talks across a range of topics, from building in virtual reality to storytelling, and will highlight best practices and lessons learned from Unity engineers and game developers.
Some notable sessions include:
- Eyes Wide Open (VR Practicum) by Amir Ebrahimi (Principal Software Engineer, Unity Labs) and Pete Moss (VR Dude, Unity Creative Content Studio)
- Storytelling in Unity, Introducing and Using the Director Sequencer by Dominic LaFlamme (Lead Engineer — Storytelling) & Adam Myhill (Director of Photography, Blackbird Interactive)
- Success with Unity Services by Suhail Dutta (VP, Developer Services), Andre Gauthier (Development Director), Patrick Curry (Development Director, Cloud Build), Tuomas Rinta (Development Director, Unity Ads), Mark Poeppelmeier (Product Manager, Asset Store) and John Cheng (GM, Analytics)
GDC & VRDC Sessions
In addition to the developer day, Unity is participating in a variety of GDC and VRDC conference sessions, including:
- Using Hardware Metrics to Make Your Unity Game Faster, Faster by Mark Harkness (Developer Relations Engineer, Unity) and Cristiano Ferreira (Software Engineer, Intel)
- Achieve High Quality Mobile VR Games by Roberto Lopez Mendez (Software Graphics Engineer, ARM), Carl Calleweart (Americas Director & Global Leader of Evangelism, Unity) and Patrick O’Luanaigh (CEO, nDreams)
- Build Architectural and Gaming Environments That Create a Sense of Presence in VR by Carl Callewaert (Americas Director & Global Leader of Evangelism, Unity) and Pete Moss (VR Dude, Unity Creative Content Studio)
Unity GDC 2016 Expo Booth – South Hall #1402
We’re continuing our tradition of setting up a spectacular Unity booth in the main expo hall of GDC, and will have tons of content from both Unity and our developer and partner ecosystems. The booth will be the go to source for all things Unity, and we’ll have staff on hand to answer questions and showcase new Unity features and experiences. Our Theater at the booth will also feature talks from Unity’s staff and strategic partners on tips, tricks and best practices for game development.
The booth will again host our Games Pavilion, which will include over a dozen unique games and experiences Made With Unity. The developers will be on hand to give demos, walk you through their games and answer any questions, so come by and get inspired!
Make sure to also stop by and check out the latest technologies and platforms being showcased by our sponsors in the Partner Pavilion:
We’re also pleased to feature the following Asset Store Publishers, who will be exhibiting their tools and technologies at our booth: Candlelight Interactive, Cinema Suite, Dog Eat Dog Games, Gaia, Pro Camera 2D, Text Mesh Pro!
The content for our booth – including theater talks and featured games – will be announced shortly, so check out our website for more information, or come by the booth to find out more!
Finally, don’t miss the Unity Party on Wednesday night! The celebration is a great place to meet, network and exchange ideas with developers and others in the industry. Space will be limited, so keep an eye on our social media channels in the coming weeks for specifics on how to register.
13 КомментарииПодписаться на комментарии