Connect and learn at GDC Summer
Level up your artist skills and network with Unity experts during Game Developer Conference Summer (GDC Summer), taking place online August 4–6, 2020.
While this year’s GDC is a much more intimate affair than in years past, it has been and will always be an event about ensuring the success of your creative endeavors – from concept to commercialization. Join us online at GDC Summer to network, have your questions answered, and level up your artistic skills.
Learn about improved artist workflows
At GDC Summer we’ll debut an all-new recorded session, “Iterate faster with improved artist workflows in Unity” (August 4 at 2 pm PST), where Housein Cornell and Mike Geig from Unity’s Technical Marketing team will be showing how artists and designers can enhance their workflows for a faster and more efficient production pipeline.
You’ll learn best practices for roundtripping content between professional 3D tools and Unity while also learning how to use several of Unity’s artist-friendly features like ProBuilder, Cinemachine, Timeline, and the newly added Bolt visual scripting (for rapid prototyping without writing code).
Connect and network with Unity experts
Just because we can’t meet in person doesn’t mean we can’t connect. Unity will be hosting its own virtual exhibitor booth where we’ll be ready to chat with you about how we can help you succeed with Unity. We’ll have Unity experts and gaming sales representatives ready to chat. Here’s who’s waiting for you at the Unity booth:
- Mark Schoennagel (Technical Marketing Manager, Games)
- Ben Radcliffe (Creator Advocate, Media & Entertainment)
- Carol Trang (Community Manager)
- Conall Jennings (Gaming Sales Representative)
- Jevin Tryon (Gaming Sales Representative)
Whether or not you are attending GDC Summer, we are always interested in chatting with creators about how to make the most out of Unity features, products, and services. Reach out to our sales team or join us over on the Unity forum.
Celebrate made with Unity creators
It wouldn’t be a GDC without amazing games and their equally amazing creators, and this year is no different. We’ve handpicked a few of our most anticipated creator sessions from our favorite Unity studios. Don’t miss them.
- Blackbird Interactive – Forging ‘Hardspace: Shipbreaker’: Creating Processes for Original IPs and How to Dissect an Exploding Spaceship in ‘Hardspace: Shipbreaker’
- Kitfox Games — Designing Game Communities for Kindness
- Capy Games – From Malicious to Delicious: The Story of Designing ‘’Grindstone’
- Sirvo Studios – ‘Guildlings’: Rethinking Mobile Adventure and Rediscovering the RPG
- Schell Games – Until You Fall: Building Satisfying VR Combat on a Budget Part 2
- ZA/UM Studio – Turpentine Fumes and Shaders: Art Tech in ‘Disco Elysium’
Unable to attend? Join us for Unite Now!
If GDC Summer just isn’t in the cards for you this year, check out Unite Now. Unite Now is our free digital programming series full of 50+ Unity sessions, demos and Q&As to help you level up your skills from the comfort of your computer. Whether you’re an artist, into graphics, a game designer, programmer, or storyteller, there is a session for you.