Unity iPhone 1.0.2 is out there!
Unity iPhone 1.0.2 is out now, so grab it!
As I’ve mentioned before the key aspects of this release were to reduce memory consumption and make your games more stable. Let’s go over the most important things you will find in 1.0.2:
- We have halved memory usage for textures! Textures are not longer kept in the memory after being submitted to OpenGL ES. However you will not be able to read or modify texture data from scripts unless the «Enable Get/SetPixels» flag is enabled in the texture import settings. Note: In order to take advantage of this feature for projects created with older Unity iPhone versions make sure to reimport all assets.
- Memory usage for uncompressed audio is half of what it used to be.
- Audio respects «mute» button and iPod music playing in the background.
- Audio continues to play after iPhone receives or rejects a call, text message or alarm.
- Unity now has much more tidier memory management when it comes to loading new scenes and assets.
- You can chose from 5 new landscape and portrait splash-screens.
- We have fixed issues preventing correct usage of .NET sockets and occasional GUI components being stripped away.
- And on top of that final binary size became smaller!
You can find more details and download here: What’s new in Unity iPhone 1.0.2
While 1.0.2 keeps you entertained, we’re back working on Unity iPhone 1.1.
1 КомментарииПодписаться на комментарии